Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chicken Wing Anatomy Lab

In science class, we are studying all of the different types of tissues and organs. So to show all of the different types of tissues and organs, we disected a chicken wing. The purpose of this lab was to identify all of the different types of tissues and organs in this chicken wing. Their are 4 types of tissues:
Connective
Epithielial
Muscle
Nervous
In this lab, all of those types of tissues were found in the chicken wing. What I found interesting about this lab, is I never knew that if you were to pull the muscle on the wing, the wing would move just like an arm. I also found out some new information on tendons, ligaments, joints and cartilage.
Finally, I realized that a chicken wing is very similar to the human arm. It has similar bones and similar bone structures and has the exact same tissues as we have. I feel this lab really was a boost for me because I learned a lot about different types of tissues and I never knew that the chicken wing would be like a human arm. I am glad we did this lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment