Thursday, March 29, 2012

Current Events

The article I chose for this current events assignment was a story about pink slime in ground beef. This story is mostly about the making of pink slime and the safety of it. The pink slime is supposed to kill the bacteria found in ground beef, but what made this story interesting, is that in some tests it was found that the pink slime does not kill all bacteria. All of this was tested by the USDA, FDA, and all around the country to prove it. In the last couple of months, many test have been taken to prove if the pink slime is dangerous. The reason all this has happened is because people might have been harmed from consuming the slime.
I know this whole pink slime sounds nasty, and I actually agree. Ground beef is still in my diet, but I don't want to be at risk like some people. My main concern is my health and my family and friend's health. I don't want to be harmed by bacteria and possibly get food poisoning. I'm very worried about what could possibly happen if their still was bacteria in the meat. But one question I have is, can it kill someone? If it is proven that it doesn't kill all bacteria, I don't think people should still use the pink slime in their food products. I just hope it doesn't harm anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment